Charles de PicciottoArchitekt BDA


St. Benedictstraße, Hamburg

St. Benedictstraße, Hamburg

Built in 1896, the residential building has been put to a variety of uses over the last 100 years and often reconverted to suit to each new use. The new owner’s wish was to return the building to its basic function as a residential property. The building’s entire floor area was divided up into three housing units. To ensure that the substantial restoration measures met with current expectations for top-level residential properties, it was necessary not only to employ skilled craftsmen, but also to allow for fine-tuned consultations with building supervision and historic building officers concerning preservation and planning statutes.

  • Commission, handling, and execution:

    de Picciotto und Wittorf Architekten BDA

  • Team:

    L.Wittorf, M.Ziegler, A.Ertel

  • Client:

    Private

  • Scope of services:

    LP 1 to 8 HOAI (all phases)

  • GFA:

    800 sqm

  • Construction volume:

    750,000 Euro

  • Completion:

    2006

  • Photos:

    Klaus Frahm, Hamburg